Students are allowed to satisfy one ACE outcome with a co-curricular experience. Students can choose from one of three options: General Co-Curricular, Education Abroad, or Military Experience.
Guidelines for using a co-curricular experience can be found below.
Education Abroad Experience
Tips for writing the Education Abroad ACE 9 essay assignment that will be submitted in canvas for UGEP 250.
- The student should reflect on just one specific issue, rather than several issues.
- The issue does not necessarily have to be something the student personally encountered or that personally affected the student’s daily life abroad. It could be something that the student observed, discussed, read about, etc. If the student does choose to address a personal issue, the student should connect it to a larger issue affecting the citizens of the host country.
- While the reflection need not be an extensive research paper, doing some light research may help the student analyze the issue beyond the student’s own knowledge, perspective, and opinion.
- Colleges may require additional work or documentation to complete the request. Students should check with their home college for additional guidelines.
* If you completed your Study Abroad experience prior to Fall 2019 you may still use this form.